--- Dan Olson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I see
nothing unusual BETWEEN THE FRETS.  Are you
> suggesting that we look
> closely AT THE PICKUPS (which appear to be
> incredibly
> corroded)?  Incidentally, THIS one DOES look like
> the one(s) she used on
> S&L, and looks like it got a lot more use than the
> sunburst one currently
> on ebay

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2508437444).

There is something between the frets but it's hard to
view on the picture as posted since you can't get in
close enough. I had to save it as on my PC and then
try to get a close-up. Between the top frets (top
meaning on the body of the guitar itself), I think it
says "Joni Mitchell" (carved into mother-of-pearl or
shell). Between a number of the others, there is what
looks like shell or mother-of-pearl or something like
that) but I can't figure out whether it's supposed to
be a design of some kind.

=====
Catherine
Toronto