In a message dated 2/18/2003 6:24:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> it's certainly far better than the Janet Jackson and Amy Grant
> renditions.

But you know...Janet never really covered BYT - she sampled Joni's record and
created her own original song "Got 'Til It's Gone". I'm sure that you knew
that already...it's just that I've seen that reference a couple of times
recently and it always bothers me a bit.

Oh, & while I'm on the subject, I got a really nice recording of BYT from a
UK (I assume) singer named Lorna Grant ( no relation to Amy) on a CD titled
BBC: Star For A Night. Is this a TV or radio show or something? It sounds
like the kind of thing where common folk get on TV and sing. Anyway, nothing
common about her take on BYT.

Bob