From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Victor Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 2:00 PM
To: Joni List; Jim Leonard
Subject: Re: John Mayer njc

> Although I'd read about him several times in the last year, Sunday's
Grammy
> Awards was the first time I'd heard John Mayer. I was immediately struck
by
> how much (understatement) he seemed to me to be a clone of Dave Matthews
> his voice, his song, his demeanor, his "interesting" guitar work. What am
> missing? Is he not "the new Dave Matthews?"

To tell you the truth, I don't particularly like "Your Body is a
Wonderland".  I think he has many better songs.  He is an amazing
guitarist...I'm not blown away by his singing.  I think he is definately
worth checking out. I wouldn't have selected that particular song but it
seems so often that the material that gets the most exposure isn't nearly
as good as other songs that get less attention.

Victor in Decatur

--- Victor Johnson
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit http://www.cdbaby.com/victorjohnson

Look for the new album "Parsonage Lane" in March 2003
Produced by Chris Rosser at Hollow Reed Studios