Wow!  I feel happay for you, genuine north-americans for being able to enjoy
what it seems a very pleasant show!

Here in my country, Espaqa, Joni never appears on Tv, although her records
come at stores in time.... for the pleasure of "the happy few"

I just joined the list two weeks ago: it's great reading about people's
experiences relating Great Joni. It's been a "little" discussion too about the
political NJC posts: I must agree that sure the www is full of forums with
political, social and actuality caring aim, but, excuse me if I get rude, but
the situation is so severe, so grave that is normal that many people wants to
discuss it with the people one cares about, as the JMDLers!

Let me repeat Joni's words:
"I wander through my house trying to get a picture of
what is happening to the human psyche," she says in a
tone that's both perplexed and angry. "The whole thing
is ridiculous  a tragic comedy. We're marching into
war. That means we've become an imperialist power,
which goes against everything America stands for. It
all comes down to personal economic interest."

by the way: I've stopped hearing new Joni's music at the release of Mingus (at
my 19 years it was really hard): Never stopped hearing Ladies of the Canyon,
Blue, Hejira, Don Juan's Reckless Daughter (let me write in capitals those
Great and Sacred masterpieces). At Turbulent Indigo felt at ease once more:
She's now and ever the greatest american singer (and that's saying a lot!)

My kind regards to you all, and !Boas noites!: Emiliano

NP: Cesaria Ivora: "Miss perfumado"