I saw the wonderful English folkie Martin Simpson last night and
was blown away. I can't believe I've missed him all these years -
only saw him once before, backing up June Tabor.

Anyway, after finishing his first set with a furious "Masters
of War" he came back after the break and said "I think you
deserve some love songs now." He then talked about Joni, and
about how good Travelogue is, and how dumb Rolling Stone's
review of it was, all as a lead-in to playing "A Case of You".
Oh, he also said that when he was growing up in Scunthorpe,
he REALLY didn't want to be there - but he was able to escape
every time he played a Joni song. Obviously a huge fan. He
has fairly recently moved to New Orleans - watch out for him,
Paz man!

He followed ACOY with Anne Lister's exquisite "Icarus", which
pretty much confirmed his good taste.

Steve Dulson        Costa Mesa CA       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The Tinker's Own"                    http://www.tinkersown.com
"The Living Tradition Concert Series" http://www.thelivingtradition.org/