hi lucy

your post on Hejira struck a chord with me as I USED to feel exactly the
same. In fact the reason I went out and bought Hejira was that everyone
on the list talked about it so highly and I thought  I must be really
missing something ! So I duly went out to buy it and I was so
disappointed on first listening as previously I had been a total
canyonlady blue type, so I think musically it takes a bit of getting used
to the difference. But please persevere, you will grow to love it, there
are a few I still don't particularly love but I used to skip the song
Hejira itself and now I adore it - the words just blow me away. Song for
Sharon always puts a smile on my face, Black Crow makes me want to go
wild, Coyote is a great driving song, and A Strange boy just does
something to me, it is sooo sexy, one of my joni favourites by far.

So anyway, I agree with Catherine, give it a rest for a bit and go back
to it, I'm sure it will grow on you, or vice versa! Or - you never know,
and may I be struck down by lightening for saying it.. -  you may simply
just not ever like it, if we all liked everything in exactly the same way
how boring it would be......

best wishes

sarah

Stay in touch with absent friends. Download MSN Messenger for FREE!