(PS. It's Chris here, using Steve's 'puter. Can't be arsed to try and
set my reply address to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  If you send a reply,
make sure to send it there, K?)

Lucy Hone wrote:-
> The words to the songs (those that I have read) on Hejira are wonderful...
but
> musically it does not do a lot for me. All that fretless bass wobbling
> about... I have tried listening to it as background music, listening to it
in
> total concentration, listening to it in the bath, listening to it in the
car.

Lucy... how do I start?

[hyperventilates]
[goes for cup of tea]
[fans face]

I didn't expect our friendship to be challenged so early on y'know...
But... dissing Hejira? And dissing Jaco? Wobbling around????
Egads, this is just so hard to take on board.  I'll need time and
space, of course.  Counselling too.

OK, I made all that up. :)  Well done for being brave and actually
saying you don't get on with it - Hejira is possibly one of the
ones that's hardest to come out and diss in public.  Certainly,
there's been very little negative criticism of it that I've noticed
on here, especially compared to, ummm, ahhh, well, you
know the ones I'm thinking of. :)  Fast Dogs, yeah, that's it.

PS. Did you realise that's a fretless bass I play on all the
Stryngs stuff?  I even wobble around now and again...

--Chris
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (not what the header says)
www.stryngs.com for wobbly fretless bass playing :)