Anne very honest of you to admit that you were one of the millions..... I also
spent a small fortune (at least it was then.... six pounds!!!!! on some
turquoise and indian silver bracelets and twenty one pounds on an "afghan"
coat)... and lets not forget the bags of suede bits to make patchwork jackets
and some wonderful fringey belts!!!!! Oh and a hell of a suede head band (with
embroidery and tiny indian bells on it) that on a hot day left me with a
vaguely green-ish brow and a nasty rash from the chemicals in the dye....

I still have my coat(it was a good one and has no smell or maggots in it)  and
my children tried it on the other day, as did I.... I could barely get my arms
down the sleeves!!! My son (who is skinny as a stick, could not get it to fit
round him either) and I rather belatedly, and with some dawning sense of
latent self realisation, came to a happy conclusion that I had not been the
HUGE THING I thought I had been...... Now isn't THAT sad......

I did eventually manage to sing a very passable version of Both Sides NOw and
Urge or Going but without the blonde hair and cheekbones I was not
convinced.... but I was happy to have got there.... My attempts at Joan Baez
were less successful, her vibrato and effortless soaring were beyond me so I
stuck to Sandy Denny which for my English Tones worked much better!!!!

Still try the Joni from time to time and its OK, but its in her "mature
register".. the bell like quality has long since gone from my voice.... and
whilst I am not an industrial smoker.... that has not helped..........

OH well

Lucy