anne wrote >OK, so 'fess up. Who else is/was a Joni wannabe? (Did I
mention the turquoise and silver jewelry I wore?)<

raising my hand! like this is a suprise to anyone who knows me (lol)...long
straight hair, though never blonde (well almost maybe in summer)...putting
an i on the end of my name...i made my own dresses- one of course (!) was
long green velvet, had those frye boots, etc...the photo in my yearbook
shows what a flower child i was (although the quote i chose was tim
buckley's) & my (first marriage) wedding photos with flowers in my hair
(actually decades later...same thing for my second marriage- some things
don't change)...as soon as i could, i moved to california & got back to the
garden by going to live in my own laurel canyon, sitting around with
friends, playing guitar, composing music in the garden, by the creek, in the
meadow...but honestly i don't even think that i was at all that concious of
wanting to be joni...her influence on the culture of that time was so
pervasive...she was queen of everything...

i laughed out loud in amazement when shawn colvin looked up to joni from the
stage at the tnt  tribute, saying how she & mary chapin carpenter both
wanted to be joni in those days & bought some frye boots just like the cover
of for the roses...quickly adding, but we're not you...shawn nailed that one
for so many of us! (for me, discovering shawn was like discovering joni- the
impact was immense...but i digress)