Just finished watching part one of the CBC "Life and Times" program on Joni. Wow!! Many of our Canadian listers have written about the show and now I see what they're raving about. Great archival still photos and video examine Joni's childhood and the beginning of her career. To hear her peers like Crosby, Nash, and James Taylor talk about her ground-breaking artistry only validates what most of us on the JMDL already know...Joni is queen undisputedly.

Joni talks candidly about her marriage to Chuck Mitchell and also details why she felt compelled to break up with Graham Nash. The production is well done and this "part one" ended just as STAS was released. One really slick part was a segment where Joni was performing the song "Woodstock" live on a grand piano and just as the video scene shifted the studio version of the song was inserted...right in time, right in key. Very cool.

The show offers a warm and nicely detailed look at the formative events which led to Joni's musical career; I'm really looking forward to part two but am wondering how they will condense her career from 1970 to present into only one hour...still...if it's even half as good as part one it'll be memorable.

Scott