Your suspicion is correct, Emiliano, One Tin Soldier is not a
Joni song. It was written by Dennis Lambert & Brian Potter,
and was a pretty big hit in the US by the band Coven. It was
featured prominently in the latter-day hippie flick "The Legend
of Billy Jack" starring Tom Laughlin in 1971 or thereabouts.
RR