I really joined in again to see what the die-hards all
thought, but things have been eerily silent on the
subject.

'Cuz our Mama's taught us - "if you can't say something nice about something,
don't say anything at all" ;~)

OK, not totally true about the lackluster (to me) T'log. Firstly, it's
disappointing to me that Joni must consider herself 'used up' to continue to
recycle her old material. By doing so, she's just playing into the hands of
the biz that says that when a performer hits 6-0 or thereabouts they're good
for revues and that's about it. Personally I think Joni is capable of her
best work yet, so I wish she would push herself harder than she's doing,
working with the same songs, the same players, and adding Mendoza's
predictable & mostly tiresome arrangements to some of her best work.

On the upside, I LOVE what she does with "Flat Tires", she should have
employed Billy Preston's organ-playing more than she does, and I also love
her expansion of the audio colors on "Dawntreader". Both of these tracks hint
at what a creative expression Travelogue COULD HAVE been, instead of the
tedium that it actually is.

Of course, lots of folks here love every nanosecond of it, and I couldn't be
happier for them.

Bob

NP: Jackson Browne, "These Days", live '73