For what it's worth, my two cents on a few of the
topics that have been rhubarbed over the past several
days:

I want to throw my vote in with the pro-"Talk to Me"
folks.  I like it.  I think it's lyrically clever and
I like JM's vocal.  I also think it's a very good
portrayal of someone in love enough to humiliate
herself - and if you've never been in that position
yourself, just wait.

As for Chinese Cafe/Unchained Melody, it's been one of
my favorite Joni records since the release of Wild
Things, but the first time I heard the version on
T'log, it brought tears to my eyes.  I don't know how
you all feel, but I love Joni's deep contralto voice
even more than I loved her girly soprano of old.  Such
richness, and such wisdom and experince behind it.

Re: T'log, I don't think anyone has yet pointed out
that the great pop and jazz singers of the
early-to-mid-20th century were known for recording the
same songs many times over the course of a long career
(see Frank, Ella, Billie, etc.).  I think T'log is
like that.  I admit, I do have to be in a certain mood
for some of the more turgid songs, but overall I think
it's an admirable album.

As for future music from Joni, I guess only she knows

Peace, y'all.

Larry D