In a message dated 3/18/2003 9:14:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, ZZScotty writes:

> Tunes or words?  I get into both.  I understand why people don't like Dog Eat
> Dog.  They are forgiven.  No offense, Bob.

None taken at all, my friend. Thanks for the wonderful delurk, Sean. You need to share
more.

I don't understand why everyone in western civilization
> doesn't know her.  >

Well, it's like you yourself stated, Sean...your first Joni connection was through
Judy Collins! Probably most would make a similar claim. The only MAJOR hit Joni's had
was "Help Me", so to most folks she's nothing more than a one-hit wonder, although
I've found that more associate her with Big Yellow Taxi than with anything else,
probably because of it's longevity on the music scene.

> A major goal in my life is to see Joni in concert.

I hope you get to fulfill the goal. I've seen her twice and thoroughly enjoyed both
shows!

> A note about over-use of acronyms.  I subscribe to the full digest.  I see
> abbreviations in folk's messages, I sometimes have no idea what they're
> talking about.

A suggestion, and this is in terms of your memory problem. Why not just make a running
list of the acronyms and keep it beside your computer and use it as a reference? I can
relate to what you're saying, when I signed up for a Springsteen digest I read through
post after post with Springsteen songs and records all in acronyms & I was totally
lost. I eventually caught up, like I did here, but with your handicap it's a different
issue. I'll be glad to put together a list for you if you like.

And if you listen to 95% Joni (and God bless ya for doing so), you DEFINITELY need to
go 'on beyond Z' and pick up some of the many concerts, unplugged appearances, demos,
rarities, etc.

Bob

NP: Joni, "Both Sides Now" Second Fret 3/17/67