--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > I don't post often, but
I've been inspired of late.

What a nice post that was! Once more, for the record,
(ftr? not to be confused with the other FTR that is
either Joni's "For the roses" or that floral delivery
service), I hate acronyms too (as so many people here
have heard before ha ha) and it has nothing to do with
head injuries or memory problems.

It's just too much information for my burnt-out brain.
I work in a place where there are acronyms coming out
the ying-yang and my brain just refuses to deal with
anymore, or maybe it's just obstinacy. It took me
years before I memorized my SIN (social insurance
number, which is Canadian for social security or
whatever you call it there - I kind of like SIN
though, heh-heh).

Some of them (acronyms) I've come to recognize from
seeing them so many times - in the case of DJRD, I
prefer the acronym to the full name because I can
never remember whether it's Don Juan's Restless, or
Wreckless, or Reckless, Daughter. Every time I see
ACOY I think of the fish in my sister's backyard. STAS
sounds like a medical term (STAT from the Latin statim
meaning "right away") or like the Latin word that
means "you stand". And so on.

=====
Catherine
Toronto