I said I wouldn't post on topics political, but having listened closely
to the download, I just want to mention that Jonatha has played with
the original lyrics a bit and, a result, made the song even more
powerful.  Have a listen.

http://www.jonathabrooke.com/media/mp3/JonathaBrooke-War.mp3

Every morning I get up and I watch the war, watch the war
And every morning it upstages all my favorite shows -- Donahue, and
Hogan's Heroes

Every morning I get up and I raise the flag,
Salute the monument of those who gave their lives

And I guess war's OK, it's just a little inconvenient, but it's better
Than a video game ... it's better than the movies

It's the American way, the new world order
We hold these truths to be self-evident
Well this is evident

In the American day, you must give and I shall take,
I will tell you what is moral and what's just
Because I want, because I will, because I can, so will I
Because I want, because I will, because I can, oh so will I
Kill

Every morning I get up and I watch the war, watch the war
And every morning it upstages everything I know, everything I know ...

'Cause it's the American way, the new world order
We hold these truths to be self-evident
Well this is evident, yeah

In the American way, you must give and I shall take,
I will tell you what is moral and what's just
Because I want, because I will, because I can, and so will I
Because I want, because I will, because I can, and so will I
Because I want, because I will, because I can, oh so will I

Oh say can you see
Because I can, so will I
Kill

-- copyright 1995, 2003, Jonatha Brooke