Perhaps people who were at Wall to Wall can help me
with this one.  I always had always heard that Mingus
summoned Joni to his death bed to ask her to set words
to his music...one of his last wishes, as it were.
And the WOHAM confirmed that.

But I remember Sue Mingus saying at W2W something
about some 3rd party (can't remember who) asking
Mingus and Joni to collaborate on setting T.S. Elliot
to music and Joni said no way she was going to try and
do that so instead someone said, "Well Charles has
been humming these melodies into a tape recorder would
you like to try and do something with those"

Does anyone else remember this better than I do?  The
two scenarios are somewhat different to me and I'm
wondering what actually happened.

Jenny

=====
"Now I used to think that I was cool running around on fossil fuel,
   until I saw what I was doing was driving down the road to ruin..."  JT
http://tax.yahoo.com