> Noah, to me, has always represented someone who would,
> by city standards, be seen as shameful. Perhaps he is
> mentally slow or just a very simple, honest man with
> simple values. In this ideal world he brings the
> families of Sisotowbell Lane no shame. He always knew
> he was welcome there and that that is where he
> belongs.

This may be kinda dumb, but I always thought this was a reference to
the biblical Noah.  Broken pump, fixing it in the rain.  He always
knew it was going to happen!  Start building that ark, the flood's on
its way?

Well, maybe not.

Otherwise I'm with Andrew on this one.  Mia's interpretation is an
interesting one though and only Siquomb herself knows for sure.

Mark E in Seattle