There are lots of fine guitarists here on the list so I'm sure you get some
valuable insights.

In addition, you'll get some off-topic bits from someone like me.  :)  I
read a short article about Martin Co yesterday in a business magazine.
They've been a family owned business for more than 100 years.

Martin's boss said that supply of "tone woods" is tight.  When a new supply
of mahogany becomes available, Martin Co. is able to step in a buy enough to
keep them going for a year because he's arranged for some extraordinary bank
loans.

Studying the books of Steinway, he found out that they've been doing it for
years.  That gave him the ability to convince his bank that a special loan
arrangement is a crucial tool for makers of heirloom-quality instruments.

He also said that they've produced a great-sounding guitar made largely from
cherry, grown in a replanted farm.

Lama