--- Stu Rutherford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: >  Hi,

> I'm an English lurker who lives in the UAE chiming
> in with a few points -
>
>   * First of all, a great big thanks to Lama for
> copying cd's and videos
>     for me. What a service to the Joni community! I
> must admit that when
>     I sent off media and a cheque from the UAE, I
> was a bit skeptical -
>     was it an Internet ripoff/would the media get
> stolen in the post or
>     held up at customs?

Welcome, Stu. There are a great many generous people
on this list. I agree, it's amazing, you send money
off into strange territory and you get CDs back in the
mail. I'm amazed that they get through the mail and
through customs too, but they do.

>   * The state of the list - yes, I couldn't believe
> how many messages
>     came in and the relevancy of some of them (I
> guess it's the eye of
>     the beholder).

It has been extremely busy around here lately; not
that it's ever very quiet. There has even been a lot
of Joni content lately (fancy that!), although I enjoy
the njc as well. Another lister said, not too long
ago, that it's kind of like a pub where you go to hang
out with your friends - mostly friends you've never
met (which brings to mind - who said this? - there are
no strangers; just friends you've never met. Was it
Will Rogers? Forrest Gump? Barney the purple dinosaur?
Confucius?)

> I still
>     have not seen Travelogue on sale but recently
> bought 'Both Sides Now'
>     and was completely shocked. I have only played
> it once and although I
>     know it's crazy to condemn a recording on one
> hearing, I don't think
>     I'll ever play it again.
>
> How does 'Both Sides Now' compare to 'Travelogue' -
> are the 2 very
> similar?

My guess is, if you don't like BSN, you probably won't
like Travelogue. I could be mistaken though - with
Travelogue, it's Joni singing all her own songs, but
in a similar (very similar) style to that of BSN. If
you can picture (or hear) that, and it sounds
interesting, you should try it (it has the bonus of a
great package with a book of lyrics and another of
Joni's art; and if you put/play the CD(s) in your
computer, you also get a Joni art gallery to stroll
through as you listen.) If that doesn't appeal, save
your pennies for another day.

Stay safe in the UAE.

NP My dog yipping in her sleep (dog dreams.)

=====
Catherine
Toronto