On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Pierre-André Jacquod wrote:

have selected. In any case, some violations are things that you care
about (like missing refs) but can't always do anything about. (like
tertiaries, where it can be difficult to determine the correct ref).

Not in Germany. Here it is easy :-)

But by me (Switzerland) none of tertiary road has a ref, at least
absolutely no reference the public is aware of / is able to see. :-( So
for me the validator fill up all tertiary with the no-ref, but even if I
want, I am unable to avoid this error...

>> I haven't yet worked out the full scope of the ignore option - but it
>> doesn't seem to ignore all similar cases, only the specific object I
>
>Correct.

which is not so a good solution in my opinion?
Thanks for JOSM, great stuff.

What you can do in any case:

Instead of using the default file, copy it to your local harddisk and modify it. Then enter that file into the config and disable the default file (update validator to do so, there was an error in last version, which prevented using additional files).

Probably I could add a dialog in configuration, where individual rules can be disabled. I think about it.

Ciao