Dear JOSM developer elite ;-)

    I'm in the process of preparing the 3rd German edition of the OSM
book, and at the same time we are also making the first English edition,
both to be available in spring 2010.

A lot has changed in JOSM in the last 12 months and I will have to
update all the screenshots, and modify quite a lot of the descriptions too.

Does anyone know of a reason why I should *not* base the book on the
current JOSM-latest? Are there any major developments in the wings which
will change everything completely?

The book has 20+ pages on JOSM but still it can only scratch the
surface; I don't even know if I will have the room to cover the new
filter feature.

And another thing. If you had room to present four JOSM plugins to the
newcomer - which four would you choose? The book currently covers WMS,
Validator, RemoteControl and Surveyor/LiveGPS. But I'm prepared to
change that if you think another selection would make more sense.

Bye
Frederik