Hi Karl,

thank you for your helpful reply.

>  > As a further development, it could be useful to create a selective
> download function (follow this way until reaching a branch or a given
> bounding box).
> ... except for this function which sounds like what the waydownloader
> plugin provides.

Great, I will have to check it.  It could be a useful starting point
for my work.

One more question: is there a function that would extend the current
selection to the given direction?  For example, if I have selected a
coastline, add all islands west of the selection to the selection.
In that way, I would see if there are any natural=coastline objects
in the mainland.  Or one could use such a function when producing a map
of a city or suburb and wanted to delete all objects outside the borders.
(Yes, I know that Osmosis could do such things, but a GUI could be nicer.)

        Marko