On 8-4-2010 23:31, MP wrote:

> No. This is where WMS tiles are cached. Slippy map chooser caches it
> in temporary directory (/tmp on unixes, %TEMP% on Windows machines,
> which is usually "C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Temp") and it
> creates
> "JMapViewerTiles_<Username>" directory there in which it stores the
> cached tiles.

On my machine, I can find them in:
"%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\JMapViewerTiles_%USERNAME%\Mapnik"

The way the tiles are stored (all in a flat dir) makes any file
operations in the Windows Explorer (in XP) almost impossible, because it
incurs very long delays in processing the dir.

Mine a few weeks after clearing: 41877 files, 174700223 bytes

Fortunately, clearing them from the command prompt is still fast. I
wonder why they cannot be stored one dir per zoom, or in another hashing
format.

--
Lennard