Am 15.11.2010 23:48, schrieb Sebastian Klein:
No objections. Maybe we can switch the default value of
mappaint.zoomLevelDisplay from false to true afterwards. This way
authors of external style sets can create fancy scale dependent styles
and don't need to bother their users with advanced preferences
configuration.

Makes sense. To avoid any hassle, we may want to remove the scale entries first, wait one or two releases and then change the default value.

Btw., I have mostly completed mapcss support (which offers zoom
dependent markup, as well), but it will take some time to integrate into
JOSM. A lot of existing code needs to be adapted and I don't want to
break too much...

E.g. the z-index property does not work well with the way multipolygons
are drawn in the PaintVisitor.

Do you keep an eye on the performance? Having a new "rendering engine" that is able to display a lot of fancy stuff but is also a lot slower might be the wrong direction ... ;-)

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I'm not a big fan of mapcss, as the XML we currently have makes it a lot easier for externals to automatically analyze the rendering (and preset) rules files (as e.g. Jochen is currently doing it for taginfo). Parsing the css alike syntax isn't impossible, but obviously harder compared to XML that a lot of people already know how to do - including myself ;-)