Am 16.11.2010 15:09, schrieb Sebastian Klein:
Generally I don't see any problem since the xml style is distributed
with the binary. But users who have loaded a modified copy of
elemstyles.xml would be affected.

... and users using one of the enhancements from:

http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Styles

will also probably (I guess these files also contain scale entries) experience strange problems that they can't really explain after updating JOSM. I do see a problem when we switch the behaviour of JOSM without giving people using that feature the chance to follow us ;-)

I've removed scale_min / scale_max and after thinking about it again, we may keep the default setting in the preferences the way it currently is.

Regards, ULFL