On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:09:07 +0100, Olivier Croquette <m...@ocroquette.de> wrote:
Hi,

as already discussed, I have been working on PicLayer recently. You
will find attached a patch which adds the following features and
corrections :

Misc:
- allow to auto-zoom on PicLayers (e.g. support of the bounding box visitor)
- added possibility to rename the Piclayers

Precision :
- high precision scaling and rotating using the SHIFT key
- low/high precision configurable using prefs

- "load picture" dialog now remembers and restores the dir previously
used (I was going crazy without this feature)
- multiple selection of files to load (before it was file by file only)
- automatic zooming on newly loaded picture (can be disabled by
setting piclayer.zoom-on-load=0)
- automatic loading of cal files when they are available (can be
controlled with piclayer.autoloadcal=yes/no/ask
- the name of the layer is now the name of the loaded file by default

Comments are more than welcome.

There is still one quite important feature missing - calibration given geographic coordinates. Sometimes you have image where you know coordinates (lat+lon) either of image corners, or sides (like image going from 14.5 to 14.6 east and 52.5 to 52.6 north - which is case of many images which I create by analyzing OSM data from dumps and somehow putting the results in image)

Unfortunately, the calibration offers only moving and scaling the image in JOSM (which makes it vary hard or almost impossible to position accurately), editing the calibration file gives only some scale + translation numbers, which seems to be in some internal units and ther is no easy way to calculate them from geographic coordinates.

I think there could be some dialog to enter the coordinates from which the image would be calibrated ...

Martin