On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:

No, I also thought about this. I also did restart several times,
changed the style order (btw.: does this matter?) but no difference. I
even deactivated the standard style - it worked: no icon at all.

Try deleting the mirror file in JOSM dir. Maybe it got downloaded incomplete and is missing the icons?

Are you sure that it works at your PC, e.g. if you set maxspeed=30 to
a node this node gets a "30"-limit-icon? Because there is a 60-icon in
the default, which does work also here, it's the other icons that
don't work.

Yes. I get a 30 sign.

Ciao