I’ve just had a quick look at the josm-latest.jnlp version, and the native file
open dialog is a bit unreliable at listing the files on Mac OS X 10.9.4 e.g. I
just get a spinner saying it’s working: http://note.io/1uydHr7 Hitting cancel
and opening again sometimes has a bit of luck, at getting some more items to be
listed.

Shaun