> But when you download the source code from our repository, you will get
> all the dependencies. Ant build will create a jar that will contain all
> necessary dependencies within. What's wrong with such approach?

Bundling dependencies is not a good thing. Take JMapViewer for example, we
build this separately in Debian because it's also used by Freeplane. If
both josm & freeplane were to bundle the dependency we need to apply
updates and bugfixes to both copies instead of just the component itself.

There will be other software that will use JCS in once that's packaged in
Debian, bundling JCS in JOSM prevents these other projects from benefiting
from the JCS build.

Kind Regards,

Bas