Somebody asked me, it is true St. Paul requested intercessory prayers from
people who were alive. But Mother Mary already dead and Bible dont teach
the dead people can intercede for us?

Answer

In the book of Jeremiah chapter 15, we could read God telling Jeremiah that
even if Moses and Samuel (who died before Jeremiahs time) pray I wont
forgive this people. That means even after death, the Holy people are able
to pray and their prayers are powerful. The usage of even if Moses and
Samuel, reveals their prayers are more acceptable.

Love
Sebastian