Dear Smitha,

This mail is not for your friend. But for you to maintain your faith. But if
you have a chance to explain him in a decent way (No use in fighting about
our faith and their faith) please take that risk too.

At least your friend agreed the 24 elders from Old Testament could intercede
for others. So the only one mediator theory is over. Now there are at
least 24 + 1 = 25 mediators (including Jesus). Very good, tell him to stand
at least there. But isn't it very sad that God found only 24 good people
from the Old Testament?

According to some scholars the 24 is a symbolic number representing 12
tribes of Israel and 12 Apostles of Jesus. That symbol defined as the
presence of Holy people, who sacrificed their lives for God and His Good
News. (When you see a vision there would be many symbols, that will need
interpretations)

Rev 6  9,  when he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls
of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which
they heldand they were praying. (In this vision of Heaven St. John saw,
those who slain for the word of God means those who slain for Jesus)

Rev 7-9:17 John saw in Heaven countless multitude of people from all parts
of the world, standing in front of the throne, and those were the ones come
out of great tribulations and washed their robs and made them white in the
blood of the lamb. (Means they were either those who suffered for Jesus or
those who been cleansed by the precious blood of Jesus)
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in
me will live, even though he dies;
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
John 11:25-26
This is a vital text that Mother Mary and other saints and believers are
still alive and interceding for others.

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this
bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for
the life of the world." Then the Jews began to argue sharply among
themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" John 6:51-52 (those
who have the same Jewish mentality cant understand all these)

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third
heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-- God
knows. And I know that this man-- whether in the body or apart from the body
I do not know, but God knows, was caught up to paradise. 2 Cor 12:1-4  (St.
Paul saw in a vision, a man in Christ  who belied in Christ, caught up to
Paradise)

Smitha, your friend is very clever how can we give examples from the Bible
about the New Testament people in Heaven, if the NT was written in the
period while they were alive on earth.

Our faith is not only based on the Bible alone. But also on our tradition,
experiences etc. How many places Mother Mary still appears. Isnt it a proof
that our dearest Mother is still alive?

Love
Sebastian