))))It is more blessed to give than to receive((((

Dear friends,

Following is a  short story from the last week's Daily Bread which is worth
reading in conjuction with our ongoing discussion on tithing and offering.

=======

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in
the stream.  The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the
wise woman opened her bag to share her food.  The hungry traveler saw the
pervious stone and asked the woman to give it
to him.  She did so without hesitation.  The traveler left, rejoicing in his
good fortune.

He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.  But
a few hours later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.  "I've
been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone
is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more
precious.  Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the
stone.

========
Love n prayers

sebastian thomas