Dear Friends,

I thought of telling you more about Gujarat. The authorities are claiming that the
situation in Gujarat is coming back to normal after the communal violence. But the
truth is that the normalcy cannot be achieved for quite some time. Still we get news
of people being killed in various parts of the state every day. Yesterday also, two
people were killed in Vatva (Ahmedabad).

Thousands of Muslims are camping in various relief camps (rough estimate say that
about 45000 people are staying in various relief camps in Ahmedabad city itself and
more in various villages). They do not know what to do and where to go. They lost
their family members, houses, workshops and businesses. Many women were brutally
raped.  In some areas the shops are fully closed since the day the violence started.
People are really fearful and it is common that people are shaving their beard to
avoid suspicion.

Now it has become common that even educated people appreciating the killers. We are
able to see how ferocious is the mentality of the people. They are all filled with
communalism and say that the minority community should be erased completely. Now more
trouble is expected as Holi and Muharum are coming in the next week. Also VHP is
planning to take urns containing ash of the people who were killed in Godhra to
various parts of India. It will definitely create more tension and violence.  The
people who are staying in the relief camps now have nothing to loose. They already
lost everything. When they come out, we don’t know what is going to happen.

As you may be aware, a systematic propaganda is going on to destroy the minority
community completely. Pamphlets are being distributed asking people to boycott their
institutions, businesses, products etc. etc. Evil is spreading in an unimaginable way.
 The authorities are biased and even if they do formal enquiries, the truth may not
come out.

The ultimate thing that can do for Gujarat is to pray... pray for peace in Gujarat and
in all the minds. Let the Holy Spirit flow to all the hearts and let peace be
restored.

With lots of love,
Sibi

---
I can do all things in Him who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13)
Sibi Joseph
Ahmedabad, India
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com