CUP OF COFFEE

A young woman went to her mother and told her about
her life an how things were so hard for her. She did
not know how she was going to make it and wanted to
give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling.
It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose.
Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three
pots with water and placed each on a high fire.
Soon the pots came to a boil.
In the first, she placed carrots,
in the second, she placed eggs, and
in the last she placed ground coffee beans.
She let them sit and boil, without saying a word.
In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners.

She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl.
She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.
Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.
Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me,
what do you see?"
Carrots, eggs, and coffee," her daughter replied.

She brought her daughter closer and asked her to feel
the carrots.The daughter noted that they were soft.
She then asked her to take an egg and break it. After
pulling off the shell, the daughter observed the
hard-boiled egg.
Finally, the mother asked her daughter to sip the
coffee.The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma.
Then the daughter asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained, "Each of these objects has faced
the same adversity -- boiling water -- but each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hared, and unrelenting.However, after being
subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak.
The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid
interior,but,after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became
hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique, however. They
changed the water."

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When
adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond?
Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"

Think of this: Which am I?
Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do
wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but
changes with the heat? Did I once have a fluid
spirit, but after death, breakup, afinancial hardship,
or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff?
Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter
and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually
changes the hot water,the very circumstance that
brings the pain. When the water gets hot,it releases
the fragrance and flavor. When things are at their worst,
do I get better and change the situation around me?

How do you handle adversity? When the hours are the
darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate
to another level?

What gives you the greatest opportunity for long term happiness?
That is your highest choice.
May you be blessed and bless others
By Always making your Highest Choice

Love & Prayers