Dear friends,
I don't know if the problem is that I am not receiving all the Joynet mails
or if very few are writing these days.
I thought of sharing something "personal"......
You see,a long time ago,when I was a child,I had very few dresses to
wear.Since we had uniforms for school,my parents did not think it necessary
that we should have many "other" clothes.
And....I always wanted more and more clothes.This desire was never
expressed,even when I reached college.All my friends considered me "simple"
as far as my dressing was concerned.I liked being simple and continued to
suppress my desire.
During some retreats,during counselling sessions,I have been asked about
this desire,and told to pray for healing.I prayed but with no success
I heard recently that Juby Mathews,wife of Mathews Immanuel(Both are
actively involved in the Discipleship Training in Kerala),always has only
four sets of clothes.When she gets one more,she gives it away to someone
else.I suddenly felt a lot of respect for her,and you know what-I was
instantly healed!!!
I am beginning to follow in her footsteps,slimming down my wardrobe which
seems extravagant now.
Love & prayers,
Annie Berly/Cochin/India