Dear Buddies in Jesus,

Just a few days ago, I'd written about tweety, our newfound family member.
Well, I now write to let u all know that tweety died over the weekend.
 I was not at home during the weekend. I was at St. Anthony's, hauz khas where
the Disciple ship training program was going on. Yesterday I returned home
late in the night. I was greeted by my younger brother Johnny at the gate. He
told me "ure parrot is no more" it was shivering for sometime during the
weekend, and then it died.. I was feeling very bad. I had big dreams about my
tweety. I wanted to make it a charismatic parrot, that would learn to say
Praise The lord, thank you Jesus praise u Jesus, Jesus loves u etc.

 It died on Friday Afternoon. Johny Dug a hole infront of our gate, and akku
plucked a few flowers. And holding the parrot above the hole johny said "in
the name of the father and son and in the hole it goes.." With that he dropped
the mortal remains of my tweety into the hole. He covered it with mud and cut
a stem of the rose plant and planted it at the site. He then wrote over a
brick that he placed over the grave. R. I. P. meaning.. Rise if possible!

 Well that's about that. Today I am happy and sad both. I am happy because
Evander Holyfield (Heavy weight boxing champion) Thrashed Hasim Rahman in a
bout on 01.06.2002. I'm not that much of a boxing fan, but it is said that
Evander Holyfield is a person who has given his life to Jesus. I was touched
when I read about how he forgave Tyson for gnawing at his ear a few years
back!

 I was sad because I heard of Hansie Cronje's accidental death. I regard him
as a brave person, who when he realized his wrong doing admitted it and
confessed "in a moment of darkness, I allowed the evil one to have the upper
hand in my life." He is also another person who it seems had given his life to
Jesus.

 I know for sure one day I'll kick the bucket! I don't know when that day is.
There are times I live my life as though I'm the one who created me. I pray
that I am prepared to say on that day with St. Paul " I have fought the good
fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith..."

 Well friends, I listen to a lot of the Late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's music. I
just love to hear his voice impeccable.  He's one of those legends in a class
of his own. I just love to hear him. Especially numbers like 'Dum mast
qualandar, afreen afreen, dhadkan, etc.. One thought just struck me recently.
"with all the glory and fame and fans and wealth that Nusrat reveled in, can
he take a breath today?" How blest I am to be alive! So many people are
sleeping, never to awake even now as u read this! And yet here I am, taking so
many of the Mercies of God for granted, complaining and blaming God for  all
the miseries that I have attracted to myself due to my poor habits and
choices!

Lord give me a grateful heart, Teach me how to thank you for everything that
you are doing in my life. Even though I don't deserve your loving kindness.

God bless,

Josun Jose/New Delhi/India