Throughout scripture we find individuals saying to god, “here I
am.”When god calls to Moses
   From the burning bush, Moses answers, “Here I am.”(Ex 3:4) When God
summons Samuel in
   The middle of the night, Samuel responds with “Here I am.”(1 Samuel 3:4).
And when God
   Asks the prophet Isaiah, “ Whom shall I send,” Isaiah replies, “ Here am
I; send me!” (Is 6:8)
                   Those three little words make a beautiful prayer. Here I
am. Not there. Not where I
   Used to be or where I will be someday or where I wish I were. But here.
In this place. Amid
    These specific circumstances. Here I am. Not as I was yesterday or as I
will be tomorrow or
   As I wish I were. But as I am. In this condition, this shape. With these
particular thoughts and
   Feelings
       Perhaps all prayer should begin with a simple, “Here I am, god.” It
should begin with the humble
    Acknowledgement and acceptance of where we find ourselves and who we are
on this particular
    Day. Only then can we hope to begin to move forward and beyond – with
God’s grace, of course.
       Here I am, God. With your grace, help me to begin to move beyond
where and who I am today.

                A passage from the book- “ Meeting God in small things.” By
Melannie Svoboda SND

                                              Nelson

                                                   Saudi Arabia