Dear Friends,
       How is Lent going with everybody?? Enjoying it ....? Working hard on it ....?
Hey, what is this 'Lenten Mountain'?? Have heard of Mount Sinai, Mount Calvary etc.,
but never heard of a 'mount Lent', right?? So what is it?
      Today after the morning Mass I was ministering to the sick in the hospital and
as I came down to the chapel there was a person praying. On seeing me she asked if she
could go for confession and I gladly took her to the reconciliation room and as I was
hearing her confession this thought came to my mind," MOUNT OF LENT" or "LENTEN
MOUNTAIN". I shall try to make it clear as far as possible, since this is a new
insight that I too got.
       Today being the second Sunday of Lent, I hope you all heard the gospel that was
read during the Mass; Mark 9:2-10 (about the transfiguration of Our Lord). I was
trying to relate this passage to our own life and particularly with the Lent. Then
comes this thought as a clarification.
        What is Lent all about, if not a call and a possibility for 'transfiguration /
transformation'.?? In the gospel passage, we see the Lord going up to the 'mountain'
and being closer to the Father in prayer. There he gets a special glow of the glory of
God and He seems transfigured, and He radiated that glory]]
         Through Lent we are also called to ascend 'a mountain' and come closer to
God. Thus the practices of Lent like our extra prayers, fasting, works of mercy etc.
form the"Lenten Mountain" that we climb on the top of which Our Heavenly Father will
shine His glory on each and every one of us. Just as Jesus was closer to the Father,
let us also come closer to Him in this Lent and  as we come out of it after the fourty
days, let others see the glory of God on us; in our words, deeds, relations, etc.
       So keep climbing the Lenten Mountain and get transfigured]]]
Fr. Thomas Tharayil
USA

**** Warning: The information contained in this message is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL
and is intended only for the use of the addressee above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
taking of any action in reliance on the content of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.