Unfortunately, at this point, that's not really happening. The
querySelectorAll method (of the Selectors API specification) does not
include support for namespaces - thus it's very likely that JavaScript
libraries won't support it going forward.

One thing that I'd like to fix (and I haven't checked, yet, to see how
it works in Sizzle) is to make "div" match both <div/> and <foo:div/>
elements. At the very least that would allow XML documents to become
sort-of usable.

--John