Full Disclosure: I wrote one of the following browser history
managers. In writing my own, I reviewed all of the existing
implementations and found these to be the most stable (or actively
maintained). JSSM is based upon the approach taken by RSH which has
not been updated in a while. Eventually those two will be merged into
a single project.

dshistory: http://code.google.com/p/dshistory/
Really Simple History: http://code.google.com/p/reallysimplehistory/
JSSM: http://nathanhammond.com/jssm (demo:
http://nathanhammond.com/jssmsource/test/)

Klaus' (the one you found) hasn't been updated in quite the while if I
recall correctly, so I don't know how it does with support on newer
browsers. If you're looking for easy integration with jQuery, JSSM
provides a plugin that makes it easy to attach handlers to links.

Best of luck.