The selector 'i...@src$=png]' failed with the latest version of jQuery
(Sizzle).
At first I thought this problem only occured in IE6, but that was just
because it only got executed in the png alpha fix for IE6). I only
found this problem after a long search, only to find a small message
in the documentation that the @ is the culprit since it wasn't
supported in 1.3.x.

My main problem was that IE (both IE6 and IE7) reports a generic error
instead of the error thrown by jQuery (the error you get is that the
thrown error isn't handled). Only after adding my own alert to the
jQuery source IE reported the specific selector that caused the
problem.
Especially for large pieces of code with a lot of selectors that might
be broken by upgrading jQuery the reporting of error in the selectors
can be *very* useful.

The question of course remains: Is this unhandled exception a bug or a
feature?

Regards,
THD