Could you create a test case for us to review?

--
Brandon Aaron

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM, ebetancourt <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Hi,  I was working with Kelvin Luck's great jScrollPane library, and
> found that it would stop rendering the scrollbars if I set a max-
> height property in the css.
>
> I found this conditional statement (things were cropped and pasted to
> just give the gist of the problem):
>
>    $this = $(this);
>    var paneHeight = $this.innerHeight();
>    var contentHeight = $this.outerHeight();
>    var percentInView = paneHeight / contentHeight;
>
>    if (percentInView < .99) {...}
>
> in all other browsers, $this.outerHeight was equal (more or less) to
> $this[0].scrollHeight.
>
> in firefox, the value was mis-reported as the max-height value +
> padding;
>
> for now I modified my local version of jScrollPane so that
> contentHeight = $this[0].scrollHeight. But I figured it was something
> worth bringing up since the bug actually traces back to the main
> jQuery library.
>
> has anyone else run into this oddity with outerHeight? or is the
> combination of Firefox, outerHeight, and max-height a rare one?
>
> I am using Firefox 3 on an Intel Mac. Version Data:
> Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6)
> Gecko/2009011912 Firefox/3.0.6
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jQuery Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to