disclaimer: I've just built a pretty complex app (drag/drop, inline editing,
history support, popup windows) with jmvc & jquery

I personally feel that jquery as it stands at the moment is superb for doing
all the nitty gritty details of dhtml sites, but as the scope of the
functionality in the site your are building grows towards that of a desktop
app, it still becomes too easy to get sucked into the Big Ball Of Mud (that
may say something about my discipline though....). There may be guidance
already out there for jquery, but it would be useful to have a project that
offers a cohesive bunch of tools that are considered the best starting point
for that type of site development. I think there are already some good
plugins that could be referenced, like the history plugin that I've recently
used.

I think you could bundle all of this up into a jquery plugin though, without
the need for it to be a branded jquery project.