JS is Object Oriented.  So are we really just talking about classical
inheritance (and even more specific, _super) ?

I see how widget.js creates a plugin.  But how does one expand on the
plugin?

I'm more than happy with widget.js if you can easily expand on the
widget.  For example,  quickly added a delegated hoverenter that will
show a tooltip, or change an existing function.

I don't think super is necessary at all.  I've only used it a few
times, never needed it.  But if you let go of _super, and you are able
to easily expand the widget, how is that different than what you are
considering OOP?