On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 13:33 -0400, John Resig wrote:
> And how is the natural height determined if you've already explicitly
> overwritten it with another value?

It would be the 'auto' height. I've run into exactly the same
problem recently: I have a list that I would like to show only
partially (say only the first 4 elements), and when the user clicks
a button, the list slides down to show the rest.

What I thought I should do is:
  - have only the first 4 elements show, the rest will be hidden
  - on click, set the height of the list to the height of the
    first 4 elements (say it's 160px), set overflow to hidden,
    show the rest of the elements, then slidedown the list.

But that doesn't work, as I haven't found a way to animate the
list to the "auto" height.

--
Dimi Paun <d...@zipalong.com>
Zipalong, Inc.