or better yet, why not just delegate to 'console' if globally available:

QUnit.log = (console&&console.log)?
    function(result, msg){console.log('['+!!result+'] '+msg);}:
    function(result, msg){};

then we still have a global hook to logging while keeping it inside the
QUnit namespace internally.

--
Christopher Thatcher