On May 18, 6:37 pm, Brandon Aaron <brandon.aa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is possible that this is happening on other elements in IE. Perhaps
> we could match these known problematic elements and force a check of
> the display style. It would be adding the following to the current
> code.

Just found this with an anchor tag:

<a id="myAnchor" href="link.html">Link Text</href>

anch = $('#myAnchor');
anch.hide();

if( !anch.is(':visible') ){
   anch.show();   //anchor shows in IE8 unless in compatibility view
 }

The bug actually occurs amongst a whole mess of code and I cannot
actually recreate it as simply as above, but it this is clearly not
restricted to tr tags.  I don't use tables at all.