If interested, my most complete I've done so far is noSWFUpload, compatible
with FF3, 3.5, Safari 4, IE, Opera, waiting for Chrome (they are half way
compatible since they solved the zero length in input.files.item(0).length
whatever file was it).

http://code.google.com/p/noswfupload/

demo: http://www.3site.eu/noswfupload/

on github (kangax should have a fork about it)
http://github.com/WebReflection/noSWFUpload/tree/master

Regards