Personally I think functionality should be put where it belongs, people
should stop trying to shove functionality into jQuery turning it into a
bloated framework.
jQuery is great for node selection, jQuery is great for dom
manipulation, jQuery is great for various forms of AJAX, jQuery is great
for animation...
jQuery isn't a library trying to add partial ES5 support to legacy
browsers, a library providing a stdlib of array and string manipulation
methods, a browser side module loading system, etc...
Functionality like that should be done in separate JS frameworks built
for those purposes. Like how I started my Wrench.js project as "a